Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Half Man, Half Transformer..

Has finally transformed...
This extremely long (and slightly boring) post of mine was the tipping point.
In that post, I expressed every strong opinion I had regarding Nigeria. It was an attempt (not sure how successful it was) at linking every single aspect of our lives together in order to come up with a unified conclusion on how things completely fell apart.With these words, every idea of mine was fused to voice my present thoughts (at that time) on this shared inheritance (the space called Nigeria).
My conclusion is our future lies in the hands of God.
Projections and forecast hold no ground during this current global economic turmoil, so it is a waste of precious brain cells trying to figure out a way using these techniques. But one thing remains for sure: Nigerians are a resilient bunch. Our environment has made us ready to push on, even if with all the obstacles in our way. Our weakness in management and greed may hold us, but in time, all will be perfect. We (Nigerians hustling and bustling all around the world) are just part of a process that will usher in a new generational order. It is the speed at the thoroughness at which we take decisions will determine when our evolution will commence. But it definitely will. And that realization implies many things.
  1. The role I play in the mind of my readers is now vacant (whew!! I don't have to worry about what I am going to post next month.lol. Yeah I know I was slow to update, but you gats to admit, this blog dealt with some pretty fundamental issues; at least these issues were deep to me at the time of writing).
  2. I can now explore the direction of my transformation.
This transformation is geared towards a wavelength where my state of mind determines my experience (Good or bad, nice or sad). With the realization that you are simply part of a pre-defined process comes the understanding that life is what you make of it. And with that, the thinker transforms to become another being; a being that appreciates the beauty in life and the fullness of it.
That in mind made a paradigm shift in content of my post, from the traditional change Nigeria blog to a new horizon that exploring the mysteries in all things/issues I encounter. I have noticed a shift in my post since the beginning of the year and concluded that the focus of this blog is not deep enough to accomodate this new ideal and re-branding will just not work; thus Mr C evolves to become the
aspiring poet (Yes, I know, I should have used wordpress abi?)
I enjoyed the ride thinking about Nigeria. The efforts put into my 38 posts, was rewarded with 121 comments, approximately 3,430 captured hits, some form of recognition (here), and a mental experience unmatched.
I may still drop some line here. But as I bow out, I will be looking forward to my next 'role'. The objective is unknown but with God's guidiance, that experience would be the reward; which would be priceless.

Looking forward to sharing my experiences and I thank your time spent reading. I remain faithfully yours truly,
Seyi Osinowo - Mr C (Half Man, Half Transformer)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great summary post. I love how it ends with a hope for the future and I hope you did enjoy exploring the themes you explored on this blog.

I will keep an eye on the musing poet, and look forward to seeing how the world around you strikes you.

Anonymous said...

lol as to using WordPress: nah...why fix something that isn't broken right?

(WordPress for life sha)

Mr C said...

LOL.
GNG thanks for those words. And thanks for the comment. Really means a lot.
Looking to see more you.

Mr C said...

Spot on response. Why fix something if it aint broken?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

i think that america is to blame for ruining nigeria and africa in general!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bradly Jones said...

It's not entirely the west that makes Nigeria what it is today but rather the constitution that allows people with power to do what they please, as well as the share unlucky spell of having a continuous chain of greedy leaders.




--
call Nigeria

call Nigeria said...

This has been a very significant blog indeed. I’ve acquired a lot of helpful information from your article. Thank you for sharing such relevant topic with us. I really love all the great stuff you provide. Thanks again and keep it coming

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.